I am always getting in the way of myself, my talent, my work, my art, everything in general. The past year I have been improving slowly, but surely. Really owning my photography and talent, building my confidence in my work, is what I am determined to do every day.
So, if you haven’t noticed already, I am giving myself a challenge to take a portrait every day for the next 15 days, no matter what. Why is this a big deal for me? Many reasons.
- I don’t do so well with challenges. 30 Day photo challenges are instagram are even a struggle. I cannot do that #100HappyDays challenge… not yet anyway.
- I don’t do so well with those because instead of allowing them to push my creativity, they begin to feel like an obligation and a chore.
- They’re too long, and while I have good time management skills, I put my sleep as a priority so after a long day I will sleep instead of hopping on my computer blogging, getting distracted with articles, facebook, etc.
- Lastly, I put so many obstacles in the way with strict parameters. I see them as parameters when they should just be guidelines, you get me? It’s about perspective. *oh, I missed a day… ah! I didn’t photograph with my camera… crap, no one is going to like this or care.*
So… what makes this one any different?
- I made it for myself.
- I am telling my self the next 15 days are free of parameters.
- While I want to strictly use my DSLR, I will not beat myself up if I shoot with my iPhone.
- I am taking portraits, which I am growing to love and have received a lot of feedback on.
- Lastly, these images will matter to me, and that’s what is important. They will matter to me whether its because of who it is I am photographing, the experience to get the shot, or just those moments you cannot explain, but are utterly grateful for.
With allllll that said. I hope you guys enjoy the images I will post throughout my blog. I love feedback, its given me a thick skin, so please feel free to send me a message. Look at my past two days! I’ll be posting more soon, so look out :)